Friday, September 15, 2017

This week

Chinese class finally begun this week and dad made me a cool name card with pictures of me dog and the Canadian flag. I had fun with the other exchange students, yet I still don't really feel a part of the group entirely, I feel like an outsider almost. That's obviously not what I really wanted but I guess it's same old stuff even on the other side of the world. Although, I do feel I have a couple good friends but they might be a little forced due to the fact we go to the same school everyday but I feel closer to them than anyone else. Chinese class had a slow start where everyone is learning very basic things still, so the second day me and Ghabriel asked for more difficult vocab and assignment and CJ, the boy from USA, joined us because he has been learning Chinese for three years already. We learned a lot more vocab but I don't remember everything in my head, of course I wrote it all down. My favourite was the name of the Rocky Mountains of course. All our teachers are very nice and now say hello to me in the hallways when they see me because they are all from my school due to the fact that this is where everyone comes for the class. 
My English teacher from my normal classes is also a very helpful and willing to help with everything from school problems to just life problems in general. I really appreciate his support and help with everything. My classmates are getting much more used to my presence and inviting me to do a lot more. On Wednesday we had cooking class where we made mango smoothies, that were delicious and this coming Wednesday we will make cheese tarts and fruit tarts, and I will probably provide mango or pineapple. Starting yesterday was two blocks of clubs where I and the two other exchange students were inviting to join photography club. We were helped to understand a lot of what was going on and then one of my amazing classmates translated his introduction to English and parts of his power point had the English words on them so we would get the idea. Having taken a photography course I was able to understand what he was explaining to the others because he put the terms on the power point in English and I had been previously taught them. I also explained some to Ghabriel because he has not done photography before. We participated in some cool activities where we needed to find hints to our tasks, which were mostly reacreating the photo we found, and we got to take a cool photo with one of the military officers at the school. Next clubs meeting we will learn how to develope photos without a dark room! I am very excited for that. We then rushed back to class before the bell went in order to get our card and get some food (dumplings) before they were all gone. We were then surprised by that same amazing student with bubble tea that everyone in the photography group got, although I'm pretty picky about my tea here. Then for the first time at lunch, my classmates sat with us and talked and taught us things until they needed to start class again. I am very happy to be making more friends from my school.
Last night me and dad went on is big scooter to grandma and grandpas house for dinner where I always try to bond more with my shy little cousins. There was a little fair right beside it for the end of ghost month. We saw part of what was a traditional Taiwanese play and then moved over to a not very tradtional concert where the girls were not wearing very much clothing. Then after one of their songs, they pointed out the only white girl in the crowd to ask if I thought they were beautiful...I mean, they were but then I got nothing but stares from everyone else in the crowd. A guy even tried to take a picture of me, not even with me, without permission and when I stepped out of the shot he seemed dissapointed. ASK for permission atleast. Weird night. We then went to a pet store where I played with the cutest puppies ever. I miss my puppy a lot. I also breifly tried a Ubike, bikes that are all over Taiwan and you can get half an hour for free and then pay a certain amount, which I'm not sure of yet, and ride anywhere and just drop off an another station. 







No comments:

Post a Comment