Monday, September 18, 2017

Saturday I started the day by having brunch with dad and sister. Me and sister were all matching all day, skirts, coloured contacts, aprins, sunglasses, everything! We then headed to an adorable bakery where they make home make cheese cake tarts with every amazing flavour you could think of. They are so good and I wanna take some friends there later in the year. There was even a grape flavour and I didn't think I'd like it but it was one of my favourites! They also made us the cutest little grilled cheese sandwiches with ham and I crave so many more of them. At the bakery my Rotary club and the families made adorable sock snowmen filled with rice. I had a lot of fun learning how to make them and hanging out with everyone in my amazing Rotary club. A little ten year old girl, the future club presidents daughter, is so cute and very fun to hangout with and try to communicate because we both know very little of each others first languages. She asked when she could come over and I said whenever she wants. It was sooner than I thought but I am totally okay with that because she is the sweetest little thing ever.
 We then went for a short visit at Ama and Agongs house and ate a little dinner because we were still full from the bakery. Every time I go there the cousins are forced to call me 'big sister' in Chinese and they still aren't very comfortable with it. Hopefully after a few more months they will be more comfortable with me in general. Ama and Agong always make me feel very comfortable though, even though we don't speak the same language. Although Amas English is improving, as hopefully my Chinese is too but I need to get more used to speaking it with everyone rather than just practicing. I don't think I will ever feel like I'm learning enough though.
In the evening we joined a Roteract group at a DIY bakery. This bakery only opened a week ago but it was awesome! We all made different types of cakes and cookies. Keyle also joined us and we had fun trying to figure out what to do considering everything was in Chinese. We both made lava cakes and they turned out really well. Again, I would love to bring more friends there but we might need to know more baking vocabulary. I was unexpectedly asked to introduce myself and I think I did pretty well but I still can't really tell the difference between tones. I was asked some questions including where I'm from and if I'm single, but again communication troubles made the questions very few. Either way it was a very fun experience and I would love to do it again and try to make something else (probably lemon pie.)
The day after, I woke up to mama knocking on my door saying we need to hurry because dads already waiting outside to go to lunch. That same little girl came over for a play date after lunch and we had a great day. Her name translates to small rice, but sounds a lot more adorable in Chinese. We played many different games and struggles to communicate all day but sister helped with that. Her parents joined us all for dinner as well. By the end of the day she taught me so much Chinese and was so set on teaching me more. She is probably the funniest, least stressful teacher I've ever had. When it was time to go home she didn't want to but we agreed on one last game of Uno.
Overall it was a great weekend but waking up at
6am on Mondays sucks. Although, tonight I did work out for the first time while I've been here and it felt great. I just hope my legs don't hurt tomorrow. It was almost an hour and a half long work out but it wasn't all that intense so I hope I'm not that sore. Over all a good day even though it had too early of a start.








No comments:

Post a Comment