Friday, September 1, 2017

School

The last two days of school, honestly have been really stressful and hard to get used to, but today was a little bit of an improvement. Yesterday, frustrated with being ignored, I asked our home room teacher to give us something to do, even if it was all in Mandarin, or just random papers because I can try to teach myself from them. Today, he came to us with papers, translated to english, asking about ourselves, our host families, our interests, and what teachers can do to help with our exchange year. Plesently surprised, I wrote a lot on that paper. Hopefully, I will get to interact and learn more in my actual class, rather than studied on my own, or in the library with the other two exchange students. I have been taking extra sheets of paper from random courses and trying to see which characters I already know or have seen before and figure out what they mean and how they are pronounced. This is difficult but atleast I am finding some way to learn more rather than doing nothing all day. Eight hour days at school would be brutal with literally nothing to do.
I also would really like to meet more people and actually become friends with some of my classmates. They are so focussed on studying though, that it seems thats their focus, not friends, especially ones who can't study with them. I want to help with english or something like that though because then that could be a way to get closer with them. It has only been three days though, I will keep trying to gain closer relationships next week, and through the whole year. I am just exciting to start Mandarin classes. Eight hours on every Tuesday and Thursday starting on September twelfth. That will be a huge help. 

No comments:

Post a Comment