Sunday, October 1, 2017

Water fall and Shark fin soup

At school I've joined a photography club, so every two weeks we meet for two hours and learn about photography. Most of what they are learning I learnt a couple years back in my film photography class, but it is still fun and hopefully I will learn some of the vocab in Chinese. I'm also hoping to get closer with my schoolmates by being in a club as well. This Friday we used some chemicals which I'm unsure the names of to paint onto picture paper and then laid our negatives on top, I'm not completely sure whether it stays as a negative or not but I am excited to see the result at the next club meeting. I got involved in this because a classmate is one of the leaders of the club and for the first meeting he even translated some things into English. I appreciated it very much because I understood the basic idea of what they were saying due to my previous photography knowledge. I'm enjoying this club very much considering I rarely understand what's happening.
Yesterday I went to another awesome BBQ with my Rotary club, although this time was a little more put together. There were people hired to BBQ our food and a stage for karaoke that afterwards turned into a truck, like a real life transformer. My Rotary club has so much fun singing and dancing with karaoke though, my club president has the funnsst time. Everyone gets a little bit (some more than a little bit) intoxicated as well. I am always offered beer, at least twice a day, but as usual I always say no. It is always very interesting. It was also further into the mountains and we actually got confused trying to find it at first. There was an adorable garden and fish ponds as well. I always have fun with the younger Rotary children as well, although I think a little ten year old boy might have a crush. He didn't want to go home by the end. His father was shocked when I told him that he speaks English to me. He is quite good at English though. Afterwards my little pal, the ten year old girl came over for another sleep over.
 In the morning, we woke up early to head into the mountains where a member of my Rotary club has a very nice restaurant. Many people tried to walk in although it wasn't officially open yet. We ate many good meals including something I never thought I would try and the first time that I have been shocked by food here. Shark fin soup. It was very tasty although I do feel bad for every shark this has ever happened to because most times the fisherman will cut off the fin and let the shark just die and sink to the bottom of the ocean. Again, the first time I've been this put off by any food and especially because I liked it so much. I'll most likely not get the chance to have it again though, and I'm not sure I'd ever order it myself either way. After all our lovely dishes my sister and I went on a little stroll down to a famous waterfall that was so beautiful I couldn't stop taking photos of it. I was stopped by many people to take photos with them and was pleased by the pretty background. I also saw a gorgeous wish tree which I have always wanted to see, they have ribbons with writing of peoples desires that are tied to the trees. We had to walk over a wobbly bridge to get to the pretty place and the bridge messed with my balance a bit. It was another very fun weekend with the family and my Rotary club.










No comments:

Post a Comment