Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Studio Gibli

This weekend my family joined some coworkers of 媽媽 for a volunteer event in Taipei. We first went to lunch at a cute little Italian restaurant with them. Then we went and picked up the elderly people we were shaperoning from the bus stop. We took them to the middle of a park where the main part of the event was happening. We met many people and saw many different cultural activities and people. There were flute players in traditional Japanese dresses, belly dancers, a man on stilts, many things. It was a very cool experience. We walked the elderly people around a square of streets for about an hour, pushing the wheelchairs got quite tiring. One of the older ladies kept asking why we were still walking and if she could go home. Not sure if they knew what they signed up for but many of them enjoyed the whole experience very much.
After that we went closer to Taipei 101 and headed to a Studio Gibli store to get my sister in Canada and her boyfriend Christmas gifts from there. The store was very cute with a lot of statues and stuffies of different anime characters. I bought many cute little things for them that I hope they will like. I made sure they were from the shows they like though. I spent a little over an hour deciding what to get. I really like the character Totoro even though I've seen few episodes of the show (My Neighbor Totoro) I think I will get myself a cute Totoro themed thing soon as well. The family and I took many cute pictures in the store and then headed off to dinner, in the bottom floor of Taipei 101. I can't wait for the day I go to the top floor. 
Monday I tried shaved ice for the first time. It actually tastes very similar to snow, with toppings. There are many options for the different toppings. I got strawberry jam for my topping. If I miss snow this winter I will go there for shaved ice and it'll be just the same except only my mouth will be cold. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment