Sunday, October 15, 2017

小米

Yesterday, I joined my Rotary club for lunch at a new Italian restaurant. My lovely little friend 小米 (the ten year old girl I always hangout with) was also there, and as always we had fun exploring the area and eating all the food we could. There were different types of pizza, pasta and rice dishes. The men of rotary had already begun drinking when we got there, not to mention it what only 12pm. My favourite dish, as usual, was Hawaiian pizza. It has also been raining like crazy the last 4 days due to a huge storm over the island that came from the Philippines. I love rain so I don't mind, but everyone else has been running around like crazy trying to stay out of it. At the restaurant, there was a overpass me and 小米 walked back and forth over, trying not to slip in all the rain water and we found a cool elevator on the other side. It led us to see some interesting things in the area. After lunch I joined her to go to her house and hangout for a few hours. We played with some of her toys and she helped me ride on a skateboard like thing. She also has an adorable dog and I was in much need of some puppy love. The dog is usually not allowed inside but an exception was made because I was over for a visit. I think the dog loved me almost as much as I loved it. Its name is "ballball" but in Chinese so its "chocho" I was also given a gorgeous bracelet by her mother, its beaded and green, I love it. I have a lot of fun and when it was time to head home, chocho even came for the car ride. At one point we all squeezed into the very back because we both wanted to sit with the dog.
Sister, Adele and I then took a taxi to Ama and Agongs house for dinner with the family and then a taxi back as well. Taxis are very easy here and quick, cheap compared to Canada as well. Still more money than needed to spent on transportation though. Buses here, one way, are less than $1 Canadian. Although, I don't have the regular income here like I did in Canada. No job. I do miss the money and the easy jobs to get it actually. Didn't think I'd be missing it so soon but a decent regular income is very nice and not having it sucks.
Today, I tried to get ingredients to make poutine.. but no where has cheese curds, or gravy packets. I was frustrated with that and other things so I didn't end up making poutine today. Kind of ironic because poutine is so simple to make but maybe next time. 
Sadly, a friend of mine is being sent home and I have had barely any time to hangout with him. Tonight I briefly went to dinner as an early birthday even for him because he will be gone by his birthday. Very short notice on when his plane is, makes it even more sad because now I only have a day left to hangout with him. Not only that but reason for him leaving is also a little too... I don't know, silly? I had hoped to have more time to see him soon but I now can't. I love going to rotary events and everything but now I regret not spending more time with my fellow inbounds. I hope to see him maybe sometime in the future. Tomorrow, I will hopefully be able to say goodbye before he leaves on Tuesday.










No comments:

Post a Comment