Sunday, December 3, 2017

See you soon, never goodbye

My family got the box I sent to them last week, very fast considering it got there in eight days. I video called them and in the morning, their night. Then called them again my night and their morning and made them open the box. I was so excited because I love the things I bought for them and I hoped they would too. They did, there was lots of candy, pocky and food. As well as a shirt for my dad and a sweater for my mom. I was very happy to see them try on the clothes and they fit perfectly. I was worried because clothes here fit different than clothes in Canada. My sister and her boyfriend also loved their gifts that I bought from the Studio Gibli store a while back. It was excited and I can't wait to hear what they think of all the food. They will be sending the same box back to Taiwan with their Christmas gifts for me and the family. I hope that gets here just as fast as mine got there. We will see soon enough. 
Today I relaxed for most of the day then headed out to the airport to say goodbye to a friend from Brazil whose exchabge year has now ended. She is such a kind positive person and I wish she could've been part of my entire year but I'm just very thankful to have met her and hope to see her next year in Brazil. It was very emotional with tears from me and her closest of friends. She has about a day and a half until she gets back to Brazil with her family. She was nervous for the flight because it was only her second time travelling by plane, I told her it will be mine as well and we tried to talk through some things before the many hugs and tears of her departure. There are three more people to go home in the next two months and one will be this coming Wednesday, one of my best friends, Keyle. I've gone to school with her for the past few months and I will miss her so much. Its going to be another very emotional day at the airport on Wednesday. It makes me feel a little better that I will most likely see them in January or February of 2019 but I still am very sad to say goodbye for now. For the next two days I will hangout with Keyle before she leaves on Wednesday. Another difficult goodbye to come. Or a difficult 'see you soon' shall it be.




No comments:

Post a Comment