Sunday, December 10, 2017

Christmas is coming

Friday I was at school all day as usual and went to another photography club for the first time without Keyle. I was a lone for some of the time but then one of the leaders came over to translate. But since I had taken a photography class in Canada I already was taught about what the photographer was saying. I did enjoy talking to her though, she had many questions about Canada, snow and our type of Christmas. She is a very nice girl and I hope she keeps me company on other club meet days. I like photography club but most kids are too afraid to talk to foreigners so I usually end up alone. Its already quite lonely at school without noticeably being segregated. i really want to be part of the club but it seems a little pointless if I'm just alone all the time anyway. After lunch I went to the library, one of my daily routines to study and work on a power point about Canada and myself for a presentation to my Rotary club. The library is a very cosy place to study, I sit in the comfiest chairs at a cute little table with lamps and fake plants. I always get water from the library too because that's the only water fountain with cold water. At night I went to my Rotary meeting to have dinner and get my monthly allowance. As always, everyone asks how my Chinese is going and speaks as fast as they can it seems. No one seems to realize that even if I have vocab, I need them to speak a little slower than they do normally. Just as how they ask me every time I speak English, to slow down. Works both ways. That night I also got  爸爸 to try blue cheese. He smelt it and thought it was western version of stinky tofu (it smells a lot.) He didn't like it very much.
The next day, I video called my parents and rested for the whole day. At night we went to dinner with a few rotarians from my club and got pizza. I hoped we'd get pineapple pizza. They always order seafood pizza and its really not good in my opinion. Sea food is good, just not on pizza. We went to a very Italian restaurant and had platters of cheese (including blue cheese, I was the only one to eat it) and meat. No sea food pizza was ordered. I got my favourite pop, mountain dew, that's only imported for that restaurant and a delicious brownie dessert. 妹妹 and I went to little 小米 house after to play with the dog and her. I also witnessed my first giant spider. It was the size of my hand. No one knew whether or not it was poisonous and just left it there. In the garage. Where their dog sleeps!
Today was Sunday and I went to lunch at my favourite dumpling house with Bia. We also enjoyed dessert at a new shop, owned by a family friend. It was Noir. I have tried it once before and its expensive but I love it. We then went towards the train station, which is about a fifteen minute drive from my house (with traffic) and bought many more Christmas gifts for people. I finished buying for my host family and both secret Santas I am involved in this year. I am very excited for Christmas. We also went to my favourite bakery and had very delicious bread as usual. We met up with Sigurd, another close friend of mine, and continued to shop around. I also bought myself a purse that I really wanted and some patches that I will collect and make clothes for myself from back in Canada. Later on I bussed home and joined 爸爸 and 妹妹 to go to Ama and Agongs house for dinner and more dessert. We had hot pot, which isn't my favourite, and Ama always makes me my favourite pork chops and potatoes. I love Ama. She's the best. After dinner we walked to the night market and 妹妹 and I tried many claw machines with no wins. I got a couple more things for myself for Christmas (from other people just chosen by me) and am very happy with a new sweater and a Totoro backpack! I am very excited for Christmas and I hope everyone liked their gifts. I can't wait for them to be opened.





No comments:

Post a Comment