Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Emotions

Today was probably the first time where I really felt how much I miss Canada. Of course there are a lot of things that I don't really miss but so many things that I do. I video called with my parents for around like three hours and it was lovely and I love talking to them. They told me some sad news and some news that they are unsure the result of yet. I was upset but not in tears or anything. That was until I tried to send them their christmas box and wasn't able to because the post office was absolutely sure the ceramics I bought would be broken on the way there. This, I guess just set me off. I started crying in the middle of post office and walked home instead of taking the motorbike with 爸爸。 On the walk home I realized that the box wasn't the only reason I was upset. It was many things. I had an okay day considering I got to talk to my parents for so long and have been messaging some people I miss a lot. But I never really get my emotions out and I guess today I just overloaded a bit and couldn't deal with it. I don't think 爸爸 was all that impressed but when I'm upset its hard for me to talk about things. I'm not too sure what to do other than listen to music and try to calm myself down. In Canada I would go on a walk or a hike or cuddle with my dog or something, there I have many ways of making myself feel better but here in Taiwan I have no idea what to do. I didn't think I'd miss Canada so much but once you find out things that are happening back home you realize what you're missing or what you might miss. Either way I love it here in Taiwan and I love travelling and seeing new things and experiencing everything it has to offer but it being my first time away from home its just hard to accept what an amazing opportunity can actually cost. And I don't mean all the money I spent on this either. If anything that was the easiest thing to give up for this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment