Sunday, November 12, 2017

Country Fair

Yesterday was my districts and our formerly joint districts country fair. We had to prepare presentations and items from and about our countries to promote them and convince future exchange students that our country is where they should go. For the first time I met another Canadian exchange student and collaborated on a slideshow and convinced many kids that Canada is a good option. I was surprised how many of them already had Canada as their number one choice on their lists. Most people only know where Vancouver or Toronto is and would like to end up in a bigger city, but that is actually quite unlikely. We showed them pictures of our areas and told them a little about Canada. We emphasized about our multiculturalism and how cold winters can get. Many of the parents asked us if we even have a summer time. I think they need to do some more research. We also got asked what could be difficult as a part of life in Canada, I honestly couldn't think of much. Other than the weather adjustments of course. For lunch we had pizza and all played some music to dance and relax together. I really enjoyed meeting all of the other districts students. There was also one boy from my class at school who was accepted into exchange. He is hoping to go to Canada and I really hope he does. I think he'd be an awesome student to go to Canada. Not many people were so excited for winter but he seemed pretty interested in it. I remember finding out that I got in and when I found out where I was going. It was a rollercoaster of emotions but mostly on the up side. I do know that going anywhere is a little bit of a break from current life but also is a start of a completely new one. 
After a long day at the country fair, me and a group of friends celebrated a day early for Sigurds' (a boy from Denmark) birthday. We had a lot of fun, a few people bought him a soccer ball and we all had cake together as well. He is only turning sixteen today. He is one of the few young exchange students in our district. Some of us, including myself, will be turning eighteen during our exchange year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment